As the year 1886 came into focus, little did the Middle Georgia area know what changes would encompass them all, for it was in a spirit of concern, trust and faith that the Mt. Moriah Baptist came into being. On September 26, 1886, the first official meeting was held on Flanders Street in the east Macon Section. The new church would be called Mt. Moriah Baptist Church and Rev. Harrison Hall was unanimously elected as the first Pastor. The membership selected a lot on Powell Street and erected a wooden structure, and Rev. Hall worked untiringly baptizing more tha two hundred members before his death in November 1903. Mount Moriah continued to grow both spiritually and physically under the leadership of annointed pastors ans dedicated members. Because of the Urban Renewal Plan it became necessary for the church to relocate to its present site, 2789 Millerfield Road in Macon, GA in November of 1967. Rev. Lonzy Edwards, the current pastor was installed April 4, 1984. Under his leadership Mount Moriah continues to progress with special emphasis placed on education and positive life skills. In 1996, the church was incorporated and a Board of Directors was named. Through its many ministries the church continues to serve as a spiritual lighthouse for this community, making disciples, teaching and preaching the word, and providing a nurturing environment for all God's children to dwell in the beauty of Holiness.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Mount Moriah is located in East Macon where it has been situated since its founding in 1886. It came to its present site as a result of urban renewal. As a result of this history, it has tried to keep the faith of its founders in self--help, and GOD. Through it various ministries it is presently engaged in an effort to help rebuild the spiritual foundation of this city. The purpose that guides everything that is done is "reaching the lost at any cost" to make them disciples of Jesus Christ. This involves not only birthing new Christians, but also nurturing them until they become spiritually mature.

Our facility is handicapped accessible (with elevator), and also has a fully equipped Family Life Center. Transportation and Nursery available for worship services.